Residential Sprinklers for home - for family
How fire sprinklers work...
1. Residential Fire Sprinklers main purpose is LIFE SAFETY.
2. Their second purpose is PROPERTY PROTECTION.
Sprinkler systems supply water to a network of individual sprinklers, each protecting an area below them. These sprinklers open automatically in response to heat and spray water on the fire to contain it or even extinguish it.
Because these systems react so early in the course of a fire, they reduce the amount of heat and flames, as well as the amount of smoke produced.
Fire sprinkler facts...
- Fire Sprinklers save live, reduce property loss and can even help cut homeowner insurance premiums.
- Home Fire Sprinklers can contain and may even extinguish a fire before they can cause severe injury to people and damage to property.
- Installing both smoke alarms and a Fire Sprinkler System reduced=s the risk of death in a home by 82%.
- Only the sprinkler closest to the fire will activate, spraying water directly on the fire. 90% of fires are contained this way, until the fire department can respond to the scene.
- On average, home Fire Sprinklers add 1% to 3% of the total building cost in new construction.
- The chances of a Fire Sprinkler discharging are 1 in 16 million.
- Modern residential sprinklers are inconspicuous and can be mounted flush with walls or ceilings.